Why Almonds are Amazing
* protein and fiber to fill
* vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant
* magnesium, a mineral your body needs to:
—> produce energy
—> build and maintain muscle tissue
—> regulate blood sugar (helps to curb cravings which will in turn prevent overeating and eventually weight gain)
* an interesting ability to block calories!
“Research indicates that the composition of their cell walls may help reduce the absorption of all of their fat, making them an extra-lean nut.” [Medical News Today]
HOW MUCH TO EAT?
* An ounce a day (about 23 almonds)
* That’s approximately 160 calories
* An empty Altoids tin will hold the perfect amount!